Calendar of Events
Click on a day to learn more about programs and events offered by the Counseling Center.
Making an Appointment
The Counseling Center is composed of five divisions, each run independently. Follow the links below to get the help you are seeking, or call the Center's Front Desk at 301-314-7651.
- Counseling Service (301-314-7651)
- individual psychotherapy, career/major counseling, general therapy and structured groups, couples counseling, psychological testing, vocational interest testing
- Disability Support Service (301-314-7682)
- testing accomodations, reading accomodations, deaf and hard of hearing services, notetaking, para-transit, Adaptive Technology Lab
- Learning Assistance Service (301-314-7693)
- writing skills, ESOL conversation group, Dissertation Support Group, College-Bound Program, math learning skills, returning students
- Testing & Research Unit
- Testing Office (301-314-7688) - standardized testing (national and local), computer-based testing
- Research Group (301-314-7692) - research consultation, research reports, University New Student Census
- University Parent Consultation and Child Evaluation Service (301-314-7673)
- child and adolescent counseling, psychological testing and evaluation, parent and family counseling, school consultation
If you are dealing with a life-threatening situation, including being actively suicidal, call 911 or go to an area hospital.