Making an Appointment
The Counseling Center is composed of four divisions, each run independently. Follow the links below to get the help you are seeking, or call the Center's Front Desk at 301-314-7651.
- Counseling Service (301-314-7651)
- individual psychotherapy, career/major counseling, general therapy and structured groups, couples counseling, psychological testing, vocational interest testing
- Disability Support Service (301-314-7682)
- testing accomodations, reading accomodations, deaf and hard of hearing services, notetaking, para-transit, Adaptive Technology Lab
- Learning Assistance Service (301-314-7693)
- writing skills, ESOL conversation group, Dissertation Support Group, College-Bound Program, math learning skills, returning students
- Testing & Research Unit
- Testing Office (301-314-7688) - standardized testing (national and local), computer-based testing
- Research Group (301-314-7692) - research consultation, research reports, University New Student Census
If you are dealing with a life-threatening situation, including being actively suicidal, call 911 or go to an area hospital.